Experience intimate performances of internationally renowned orchestras, musicians, and soloists as they perform powerful classical masterworks, soulful jazz, and electrifying pops programs in the majestic Rocky Mountain setting of the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater.
The Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater opened in June 1987. The opening ceremony was attended by its namesake, the 38th president Gerald R. Ford, along with Mrs. Ford, Bob Hope, and many other luminaries and Vail pioneers.
The Bravo! Vail Valley Music Festival held its first performance at the amphitheater in 1988.
Vail Village & Lionshead Village Parking Structures (Free)
The Vail Village & Lionshead Village parking structures are located just a short walk or quick and convenient bus ride from the venue.
Ford Lot ($15)
The Ford Lot is located a short 3-minute walk from the amphitheater for easy access to your orchestra concert. Golf carts may be available to transport concertgoers from the parking lot to the venue. NO CASH ACCEPTED.
ADA Parking Options
There is ADA Parking at the Ford Parking Lot for $15 and free ADA Parking at the Vail Village Parking Structure. NO CASH ACCEPTED.
Getting to the Amphitheater
Plan your journey to the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater using google maps.
Find directions to the venue and parking options for your orchestra concert at the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater. 530 S Frontage Rd E, Vail, CO 81657
The Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater is a 10 minute walk or 5 minute bus ride just east of Vail Village.
Address: 530 S Frontage Rd E, Vail, CO 81657
From the Vail Village Parking Structure/Transportation Center via Gore Creek Trail: 10-minute scenic walk
1. Exit the parking garage by following the Pedestrian Exit signs towards “Vail Village” / “Golden Peak”
2. Turn left out of the parking garage onto East Meadow Drive and head east
3. At the end of the road turn right on Vail Valley Drive and cross the road
4. Turn left on the walking path before the bridge, following the street signs towards "Ford Park"
5. Continuing east, follow the walking path along Gore Creek until reaching the amphitheater
From the Vail Village Parking Structure/Transportation Center via Frontage Road: 10-minute walk
1. From the top level of the parking garage, exit onto the South Frontage Road
2. Turn right and follow the sidewalk east along the south side of the frontage road
3. Cross East Meadow Drive and continue east along the sidewalk
4. Turn right after passing The Wren at Vail on the right
5. Continue down the path down to the amphitheater
For Live Parking Counts visit: http://www.vailgov.com/parking-counts