Perhaps it is sharing an evening of incredible music with your family against the backdrop of the Rockies. Or maybe it is hearing the New York Philharmonic perform a new classical work for the very first time. Possibly you see your children or grandchildren learning about music at the Vail Public Library from a Dallas Symphony Orchestra musician. Or experiencing Tosca in concert by The Philadelphia Orchestra.
Would you consider making a legacy gift to Bravo! Vail Music Festival today? For your family. And for your Bravo! Vail family. Your legacy gift would give you membership in the Bravo! Vail Encore Society. Your gift would also create a permanent bridge to the future, securing long-term financial stability for Bravo! Vail and allowing us to continue building on key areas of impact.
Joe and Mary enjoy Bravo! Vail every summer. They would like to create a legacy gift. Their financial advisor suggested naming Bravo! Vail as a co-primary beneficiary of their traditional IRA—explaining how these dollars still face income tax after being inherited by their children. This gift will:
• Utilize an excellent, tax-wise option for their legacy gift
• Include both their children and Bravo! Vail as co-beneficiaries of their IRA
• Provide important support for the Bravo! Vail endowment
Steve and Shelly want to help Bravo! Vail strengthen its endowment. Their advisor suggested creating a charitable bequest in their Living Trust. This gift will:
• Preserve their control over this gift for life
• Help strengthen the Bravo! Vail endowment
• Provide future support for Youth Education programs
Bryan and Lana care deeply about preserving artistic excellence at Bravo! Vail. Their advisor suggested donating a non-income producing parcel of land into a charitable remainder trust. This gift will:
• Enable the trust to sell the land with no capital gains tax
• Provide income payments from the trust to Bryan and Lana (by reinvesting the sale proceeds)
• Strengthen the Artistic Excellence fund at Bravo! Vail with a future legacy gift
David and Marlene love Bravo! Vail. They also recognize their estate will likely face future estate tax. Their advisor suggested a charitable lead trust as a strategy to minimize or eliminate this tax, while simultaneously supporting the Bravo! Vail endowment. This gift will:
• Reduce or eliminate future estate tax
• Provide annual trust payments to Bravo! Vail to build the endowment
• Help ensure the strength of Bravo! Vail for their children and grandchildren
Katherine enjoys the Festival every year, sharing concerts with her friends. She has decided to create a legacy gift. Her advisor introduced a retained life estate as a way of donating future ownership in her property. This gift will:
• Secure an immediate income tax deduction
• Allow Katherine to continue enjoying her property for the rest of her life
• Help Bravo! Vail sustain its artistic excellence for future generations
Stuart and Nicole would like to make a current gift toward the endowment, but they would also enjoy receiving an income from their gift. Their advisor suggested a charitable gift annuity. This gift will:
• Provide an annuity payment for the rest of their lives
• Secure a current charitable income tax deduction
• Support Youth Education programs in the Vail Valley
Sam and Angela share the Festival with their children and grandchildren every year. Their advisor suggested naming Bravo! Vail as a co-primary beneficiary of a life insurance policy purchased years ago, when their children were still young. This gift will:
• Include both their children and Bravo! Vail as co-beneficiaries of their life insurance policy
• Preserve their control over this gift for life
• Help ensure the excellence of Bravo! Vail for their children and grandchildren
The generosity of our Encore Society donors inspires the work that we do and the beautiful music we present each year. These donors are the reason why Bravo! Vail will be cherished for generations to come. Here are their stories.
"We have seen what Bravo! Vail does for the people who attend, for the students who learn music, and the economic impact on our community; and we want to sustain the quality of that for generations to come."
—Judy & Alan Kosloff
"After you go through giving money to your children, your grandchildren, your university… give money to Bravo. Give money to the arts in the Vail Valley. Continue the legacy of your giving so that your children and your grandchildren will for years to come know that their grandparents helped the entire community to be able to benefit from what music brings to the Vail Valley."
—Anne & Don Graubart
"We would like to encourage you to make a gift to The Encore Society. Making a bequest to Bravo! Vail is a way to ensure that this incredible institution will exist decades into the future."
—Dhuanne & Doug Tansill
Click on each of their videos below to learn more.
You may designate your Encore Society
gift to any of these funds:
• Artistic Excellence Fund
• Education and Engagement Fund
• Festival Operations Fund
• New Works Fund
There are many ways to help. Please consider one or more of these options.
Contact Jason Denhart at 970.827.4305 or jdenhart@BravoVail.org to learn more.